What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a file created by a website that contains small pieces of information that are sent between the server where this website is hosted, and the web browser used to access and view this website.
Through a cookie, the user can be identified by storing their activity history within a website, so that the most appropriate content can be offered according to its habits.
When you visit a website for the first time, a cookie is saved in the browser with little information. The next time you visit the same site, the cookie allows you to configure the website and make the visit as personalized as possible.
What cookies do we use?
Browsers have configuration options to enable or disable cookies. In each browser’s help you can find an explanation of how to do it.
However, we want you to know the types of cookies we use in StarMeUp OS and offer you the possibility to configure them according to your preferences.
We use the following cookies type in StarMeUp OS (OS.StarMeUp.com; StarMeUp.com and BetterMe.StarMeUp.com) :
- Strictly Necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for you in order to use all the applications correctly. They can not be disabled.
- Performance cookies: We use these cookies when you complete our contact forms in order to: learn more about out products, receive newsletters or request demos.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow to remember changes made by the user. For example: language, font type or font size.
- Targeting & advertising cookies: We do not display advertisements of any other website. Anyway, we store a cookie of this type so advertising of our product can be seen from other websites.
- Analysis cookies: we use an analysis tool to measure the performance of our website. This means that the navigation information is anonymous, and it cannot be linked to you or to a particular person. That information is sent to our analysis servers.
Likewise, these cookies may be first-party (own) or from third-party. All cookies of the Strictly Necessary type are specific to our website (first-party) and do not store personal data.
In StarMeUp OS there are two types of users: the ones that only access os.starmeup.com (anonymous users) and the ones that also access the products by logging in (registered users).
Regarding anonymous users, the configuration that can be done by this policy will be valid for 1 hour or until the browser window is closed. Once this period is over, you will be informed about this policy and can reconfigure according to your preferences.
On the other hand, for registered users, the configuration will be stored. In order to access the cookie configuration table and review it, just go to the footer and select Cookies menu item.